Join our chorus!!
The River Blenders Chorus is more than just an acapella ensemble, it's a family. As a chapter of Sweet Adelines International, we love getting together each week and sharing four-part harmony!
You don't need to be an amazing soloist. Each member brings their voice to the ensemble and together we create a musical expression that is vital and alive.
If you are female and like to sing, we invite you to come to a rehearsal. It's the perfect way to find out more about us. You can sit back and listen to us, or get right up on the risers and sing along.
We rehearse on Monday nights, starting at 7:30pm, at St. Martin's Episcopal Church at 15764 Clayton Rd, Chesterfield. We can't wait to meet you!
Questions About Membership? Here are answers to some frequently asked questions:
What is the audition process?
At the end of each of our rehearsals we sing "How We Sang Today", a classic barbershop song. The sheet music and learning tracks for this song are available through this LINK. After attending three to four rehearsals, we ask that you record yourself singing this song while on the risers with us at the end of the night. You will then email your recording to our director to be evaluated.
How do I learn the songs?
We have sheet music available for all singers and we have audio tracks of each voice part available for almost all of our songs. Reading music is not a requirement.
How much of my time will it take to be a River Blender?
- We rehearse one evening a week throughout the year, almost always on Monday nights, from 7:30 pm to 10:00 pm. Members also work on their music on their own as needed.
- We have bi-Annual shows, usually in May or November, which alternate years with the Sweet Adeline International Competition which is a 3-5 day event.
- We have Regional Competition every March or April, a weekend event.
- There is an annual Chorus Retreat during the winter, a weekend event.
- We perform in and around the St. Louis area 2-4 times per year for local festivals, business events, charitable events, holiday parties and art festivals.
- Annual Fundraising Events - trivia nights, mouse races, fair booths, etc.
For any other questions, please contact our Membership Manager: